Why Won’t Crackle Work? Are you also troubled with the issue of Sony Crackle not working? Don’t worry, we will help you fix it easily and reactivate crackle at www.crackle.com activate on the official site. Many Crackle users are scratching their heads as they can’t tell why won’t Crackle work exactly.
Crackle is a well-known platform to stream some of the best American shows and movies for free. On this amazing streaming service, there are thousands of movie and TV show collections that you can watch any time and anywhere without even a compulsory need to sign up.
Just install the app and start watching straight away without any interruption. But, recently Crackle has been reported to having some playback issues and is not working properly. Developers have been trying constantly to fix this issue. Then why won’t Crackle work still?
Why Won’t Crackle Work
Well, there can be a number of reasons why Crackle is not working or not allowing you to stream any video. The most common reason that we have found by digging up about this issue is the Ad Blocker software apps that are present on your computers.
Most of the users who have faced this issue of Crackle not working stream Crackle on a smart TV, Roku, or PC. Smartphone users are very less affected by Crackle issues. So, if you are having a problem accessing Crackle on your desktop, smart TV, or Roku, then don’t worry we will help you out.
How To Fix Crackle Not Working Issue
Here are the 5 best methods to fix the Crackle app no matter why won’t Crackle work. They are generally playback errors or video playing issues that arise problems in viewing the video. However, you can fix this issue in no time with the help of this guide.
Restart Your Device
The first and foremost thing you should do when you find that Crackle is not working is to restart your device. Whatever device you are using, desktop, smart TV, tablet, smartphone, or gaming console, just give it a quick restart. After successfully rebooting your device, launch the Crackle app and check if it is working properly.
Disable Ad Blocker
One of the main reasons why won’t Crackle work is due to the ad blocker programs enabled on your device. Crackle is an ad-supported streaming service so there is a high chance that the ad blockers have blocked the Crackle app from accessing your streaming platform.
So, make sure to disable the ad blocker on your device. Once you turned off the ad blocker n your phone or PC, now go to the Cracke app and open it. Try to stream any video and check if the app is working or not.
If your device browser is outdated or having any pending updates, then this can also be the reason why Crackle won’t work. Updating your browser can fix the issue and lets you stream Crackle easily. Follow the steps given below to update Chrome.
- Launch Chrome on your device and wait for the search page to load completely.
- Now, click on the three vertical dots located at the top-right corner of the page.
- Select the “Help” option from the drop-down menu and open “About Google Chrome”.
- The browser will automatically check for the updates and installs them.
- Just wait patiently until shows that Chrome is updated and exit the browser.
Then, open the Crackle app and try to stream any video. If still Crackle is not working, then try our last method given below.
While enabling Crackle on your streaming platform, you have to get the activation code and use that code to connect your account. If there is any issue with your code being accepted, or failed to work, then it can be the reason why won’t Crackle work sometimes.
To solve this issue, you need to reactivate Crackle on your device. To do so, follow the steps given below.
- Launch your streaming platform such as Roku, Fire TV, smart TV, etc.
- Now, open the “Crackle” app on your device and go to the Options bar.
- Select the “My Sony Crackle” option on the left side and then click on “Activation”.
- You will receive a new activation code on the screen.
- Go to the www.crackle.com/activate page and enter the code.
- Your Crackle will be reactivated now.
Now, go back to your Crackle app and check if it is working or not. Most probably this method will help you to fix the issue no matter what the reason was why won’t Crackle work.
If your Crackle application is outdated, then this can also be the cause why won’t Crackle work at all. Update the Crackle app on your device manually if you are a smartphone user. Smart TVs will automatically update the apps so there is no need to bother about updating Crackle on a smart TV.
- If you are an Android user, then go to Google Play Store.
- Search for “Crackle” and tap on it to open.
- If there are any updates pending, then it will show an “Update” button.
- Click on it to update the app. Wait for the updates to be completed.
- Now open Crackle and try to watch any video.
- If you are a Roku TV user, then you can go to your installed apps.
- Check if there are pending updates on Crackle and install them.
Now, go back to your Crackle and check if it is working or not.
If you are also facing an issue streaming videos on Crackle and don’t understand why won’t Crackle work on your device, then the above methods will definitely help you out. Just try out the methods that we have given here and get rid of the Crackle not working issue. Do tell us in the comments which method helped you out. For more related articles, visit the Kinetic HiFi website.