How to Turn Off Tumblr Safe Mode: Tumblr is a microblogging and social media site. It allows its users to access various other blogs and create their own content.
Tumblr has many users and varied content. As a result, some of the content is NSFW, and there is Safe Mode. Users have wondered How to turn off Safe Mode on Tumblr.
Tumblr has safe mode by default and it doesn’t matter what is enabled the first time you sign in to your account. If you want to turn off Safe Mode, you have to do it manually.
- 1 Guide to turn off Safe Mode on Tumblr
- 1.1 Turn off safe mode on the Tumblr website
- 1.2 Disable Tumblr Safe Mode on iOS
- 1.3 Disable Tumblr Safe Mode on Android
- 1.4 How to turn off safe mode on Tumblr without an account
- 1.5 Frequently asked Questions
- 1.6 Conclusion
Guide to turn off Safe Mode on Tumblr
It is quite easy to turn off safe mode on Tumblr Web. However, it can be quite complicated on mobile devices.
We will explain how to turn Off Tumblr safe mode both web and mobile. First, let’s take a look at how we can do this on the Tumblr website.
Turn off safe mode on the Tumblr website
To know how to turn Off Tumblr safe mode on web browser. Disabling Safe Mode on the web is very simple, you can follow the steps below:
- Log into your account and click on the “Account” image on the right side of the header.
- A context menu will appear, click “Settings”.
- In the “Settings” section, go to “Filtering”, you will see a switch for safe mode.
- Click on the switch and it will turn gray. Now its safe mode is disabled.
As you can see, it’s pretty straightforward. After following these steps, you can access content that is deemed unsafe for work. Tumblr will save this setting, so you won’t have to turn off safe mode all the time. Note that when you log out, you lose access to NSFW content.
Now let’s see how to turn off safe mode on mobile devices.
Disable Tumblr Safe Mode on iOS
Users cannot turn off Safe Mode for Tumblr app on iOS. Oddly enough, you have to do it from the mobile setup.
Here are the steps to turn off Safe Mode on iOS systems;
- Go to your phone’s settings and select the Tumblr app.
- Go to the Tumblr settings and you will see that the safe mode is enabled.
- Press the “On” button and you will access a menu, there will be three options.
- Select “Do not hide anything” from the options.
- Restart the Tumblr app.
- You can now access NSFW content. Your settings will be saved.
Disable Tumblr Safe Mode on Android
how to turn Off Tumblr safe mode in android devices. Disabling Safe Mode on Android devices is easier than on iOS. Android devices allow you to turn off Safe Mode right in the app.
Here are the steps to turn off Safe Mode on Android devices;
- Open the Tumblr app, then tap the “Account” icon.
- Tap the “Settings” icon that looks like a gear.
- Press “General Settings” and choose “Filtering”.
- In the “Filtering” section you will see a switch like in the web version, press and it will turn gray.
- You can now view NSFW content on your Android device. Your settings will be saved and you will no longer have to turn off Safe Mode.
Please note that if you are using Tumblr on multiple devices, you must do this separately. Tumblr settings will not sync between different devices.
We’ve covered how to turn off Safe Mode on Tumblr on the web and on mobile devices. But these are the settings if you have an account. If you don’t have a Tumblr account, you can still view NFSW content.
Now we’ll walk you through how to view NSFW content without having a Tumblr account.
How to turn off safe mode on Tumblr without an account
If you don’t want to sign in to Tumblr, there are always ways to turn off Safe Mode. Let’s take a look at some of the websites that will let you view NSFW content on Tumblr.
NSFW Tumblr Update
In December 2018, Tumblr banned all NSFW content due to an issue with the App Store. The App Store has removed Tumblr from its services due to its abusive content relating to children. To restore this issue, Tumblr has decided to permanently remove NSFW content. This way they can provide a more comprehensive service.
Fortunately, it is still possible to view NSFW content on Tumblr but from other platforms. After Tumblr banned NSFW content, other alternative social platforms stepped up and started listing NSFW content on Tumblr. They also welcome newcomers to Tumblr.
These are some of those social platforms:
These social platforms are in the style of Tumblr, with the exception of Dreamwidth. It is possible to see things that you cannot see on Tumblr on these platforms. NewTumbl looks mostly like Tumblr and is actually older than Ban.
Visit newTumbl from https://newtumbl.com/.
Frequently asked Questions
Many users have some queries on how to turn Off tumblr safe mode. If you have the same query then look below.
How do I turn off sensitivity on Tumblr?
Since there is no NSFW content on Tumblr, it is no longer possible to adjust the filter settings. With Tumblr’s NSFW update, you can’t post confidential content.
How to access your archives on Tumblr?
To access any file in a Tumblr account, just add “/ file” to the end of the account URL.
Also Check Other Similar Articles:
While it has been possible to disable Safe Mode on Tumblr in different ways and on different devices, it is now permanently banned. However, there are alternative social platforms where you can view NSFW content and generate interest after this ban. For more information visit Kinetic HiFi website. With this article maybe you are clear about How to Turn Off Tumblr Safe Mode in android and ios. For any queries simply comment us below.