SKSE64 not working is most of the Skyrim players issue now. The SKSE64(Skyrim Script Extender 64) is a tool that is used to apply mods for the famous Skyrim special edition game. But, recently the issue of SKSE64 not working has come into the view as many users are facing the same issue.
Skyrim is an action-role playing an online video game that can be used on Windows computers and gaming consoles like PS3, PS4, Xbox One, Xbox 360, Nintendo, and Nintendo Switch platforms. This game will surely be present in every gamer’s list.
You can use different Game Mods and features on your game to make your gameplay better and more interesting. SKSE64 is such a modding tool that is used to apply or use mods in the Skyrim special edition game. But, recently this game modding tool is showing error codes and is not working properly.
SKSE64 Not Working
The SKSE64 not working issue can occur due to various reasons. We have tried to know the most general causes for this issue and listed them out here.
- Windows Firewall: The Windows Firewall program on your PC blocks the apps or tools that it considers as a threat even if it is 1% harmful. This will lead to the loss of connectivity among the servers and shows an error code.
- Antivirus Software: These are the same as the Firewall. Several antivirus software apps block SKSE64 and many other apps and games because of the false-positive results. Avast, AVG, and many other antivirus apps do the same.
- Pending Updates: You must have the same version of the Skyrim game and SKSE64 tool to make it work properly. If either of your game or the modding tool is updated and the other one is of an older version, then SKSE64 not working problem occurs.
- Faulty Mods: Since your modding tool is not working, there is a high chance that the mods residing in your system are creating some internal troubles. If your game is updated, then your older mods will not work.
How To Fix SKSE64 Not Working
Now that you know the reasons behind the SKSE64 not working issue, it is time to fix the issue. Here, we will tell you the methods to get rid of this problem in a clear and understandable format. Start with the easier ones so that you don’t need to perform all the methods. Maybe only one or two fixes can help you resolve the problem.
Restart Your Device
If you are trying to get rid of the SKSE64 loader not working issue, then firstly try this method. Restarting your device can fix all the small issues.
Simply restart your computer, or whatever device you are using may it be Xbox or Play Station consoles. After successfully restarting your device, go back to your Skyrim game and check if the error is still there.
Grant Access In Windows Firewall
As we have discussed above, Firewall doesn’t allow all the unidentified and third-party games and applications. Hence, you have to allow Skyrim in the Firewall settings so that the error code disappear from your game.
To grant access to Skyrim in Windows Firewall, follow the steps given below.
- Firstly, go to Start and click on the “Settings”.
- Now, select “Updates & Security” option under Settings.
- From the left pane, choose “Windows Security”.
- Next, click on “Firewall & Network Protection”.
- Enable the “Allow an application through firewall” button.
- Then, select the “Change Settings” and give the required permission
- Make sure to change “Skyrim” in both “Public” and “Private” departments.
- Also, allow “Steam” so that your gaming can run smoothly without errors.
- Finally, click “OK” to save the changes,
Once you are done with this process, go back to your Skyrim game and try to use the SKSE64 tool. If your mods are working properly, then it means the fault was the Firewalls. But, if still, the SKSE64 is not working, then you can opt for the next method.
Disable Windows Defender/Antivirus Software
The Windows Defender program or other third-party antivirus software on your computer might have blocked the SKSE64. If your device doesn’t allow it to enter the system, you can’t make use of it, and can’t use the mods.
Here is how to add Skyrim as an exception to the Windows Defender program.
- Go to the Start button and click on the “Settings” and select the “Updates & Security” option.
- Shift to the left pane, and click on “Windows Security”.
- Now, click on the “Virus and threat protection ” section, and under that, select “Manage Settings”.
- Scroll down and find “Add or Remove Exclusion”. Click on the “Add an Exclusion” and click on “Folder”.
- Click on the Skyrim installation folder and save the changes.
- Finally, exit the window and go back to your Skyrim game and check if the SKSE64 is working or not.
If you have any antivirus software installed on your PC, then it is better to disable it temporarily. Add Skyrim as an exception and you can easily get back to your game mods.
Disable Faulty Mods
If you think that your installed mods are creating an issue or are the reason behind SKSE64 not launching, then you can disable the older mods. Follow the steps given below to disable mods on Skyrim.
- Firstly, open your The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Special Edition game.
- Now, from the Main Menu, select the “Mods” option.
- Find the mod that you want to disable or delete.
- Once you found that mod, click on “Delete”.
That’s it. All the older mods that are not suitable for your latest game version must be deleted so that you can fix the SKSE64 not working issue.
Other Similar Articles To Check:
We hope these methods have successfully helped you to get rid of the SKSE64 not working or not launching issue. These methods will surely resolve your problem and will make your modding tool work efficiently. fix your issue and play your favourite game with your choice of mods. For more related articles, visit our Kinetic HiFi website.