Roblox Error Code 279 is a big headache for daily Roblox players.This error code shows up on your screen, you will not be able to go further onto the game. Roblox is a worldwide popular multi-player video game which provides endless gaming opportunities for its users. It allows you to create your own games on its platform and other players can also play your games.
Roblox is freely available for all Android, iOS, Windows devices and also for Xbox. However, it is still not available on MacOS. Roblox has ranked the top-charts with over 164 million downloads around the world. Because of its creative gaming, kids of all ages are loving this game. But the error codes in this game makes the taste of the game sour.
Are you also a Roblox gamer trying to get rid of those warning error codes. Then you came to the right place. We will tell you how to solve this annoying Roblox error code in our article.
Roblox Error Code 279
Generally, these error code warnings occur due to weak internet connection. There can also be other reasons for it sometimes. Whenever the warning is displayed on the game, it can’t connect the server to the game. It’ll stop you from creating and playing games and you can’t do anything but to feel confused.
Error Code 279 Roblox
You don’t have to panic if you got an error code when playing Roblox. We are here to help you fix this problem. Firstly, you will have to check for the source of error code. It can be either from the server’s side or from the player’s side. If there is an issue from game server, then you are only supposed to wait for them to fix the error.
However, if you are sure that the problem is with your device then you can fix it with some general changes in your settings. The Roblox Error Code 279 shows up in the form of pop-up in this form:
Roblox Error Code 279 Causes
The main reason to show error code 279 is the problem with your connection. Some of the usual reasons to get Roblox error code 279 are listed below.
- Poor Internet Connection: The error code might be showing because of the weak connection of internet. If your data connection is weak, then the server takes long to connect to the game which might lead to an error code.
- Windows Firewall: If you are a Windows user, there might be some cases for the error code to occur because your Windows Firewall . You need to enable the connections on your Windows PC or laptop or any other device to connect Roblox to the system. If the connection was not established properly, then it might lead to the error code.
- Bad Gaming: Game can show error codes due to the mistakes in the game script itself. This will stop the game for only few servers. You can report this issue to the main server of the game and they will help you solve the errors.
How To Fix Error Code 279 Roblox
Now that you have known the causes of the Roblox Error Code 279 to appear, we will move forward to solving the problem. We are listing 5 efficient methods to fix the errors below.
Reset Your Internet Connection
The error code may happen due to the internet issues on your device. If you are using a Wi-fi router, then turn it off for few minutes and restart it again. In case if you are using your mobile data connection, then enable the flight mode for a minute or two and disable it. This can resolve the network issues and can help you connect to the game server.
Disable the Windows Firewall
There might be a chance that your Windows Firewall is stopping your game to connect to the server. You can just disable the Windows Firewall for some time, and turn it on again. Here are simple steps to take for disabling Windows Firewall.
- Step 1: Go to the ‘Start’ menu on the desktop screen and search for ‘Windows Defender Firewall’.
- Step 2: You will be taken to Customize Settings option now.
- Step 3: Now, click on the button ‘Turn Windows Defender Firewall on or off’.
- Step 4: Then click on the option ‘Turn off Windows Defender Firewall’ and make sure that it is turned off under Public and Private.
- Step 5: Finally, click on OK.
This can fix the error code on your Roblox. Go back to your game and try to run Roblox.
Forwarding ports is required for games to run. If you have not connected required range of ports to the game, it can be hard for the game to connect and might lead to error code 279. Below are the steps to enable your ports.
- Step 1: Login into the Router Control Panel as “Administrator”.
- Step 2: Go to the “Port Forwarding” section.
- Step 3: It will ask you to enter your system’s IP address.
- Step 4: Enter the port range as 49152-65535 for Roblox PC.
- Step 5: Select the protocol as UDP.
- Step 6: Now, restart the router.
Use An Updated Browser
If you don’t have Roblox on installed on your device, you can directly play the game on the browser itself. But certain browsers don’t support Roblox and might prevent you from entering the game. Make sure to use the browser which supports the game.
Another important thing to note is to update your browsers time to time. Chrome and Firefox browsers need to be updated to prevent Roblox error code 279.
Disable Anti-Virus Sites
The anti-virus applications on your device might block Roblox due to false-positive results and give an error code. So turn off the anti-virus apps temporarily for the game. You can even add an exception on to the software for Roblox.
Other Similar Articles To Check:
These are the various methods you can use to save your Roblox game from error code 279. We hope these methods will be helpful to solve your issue. However, if the error still is not disappeared just uninstall the Roblox and install it again. If you found our article helpful, please share with your friends. For more information, feel free to visit our website Kinetic HiFi and know more.