Do you want to know about the Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller driver that you saw on your PC? Then you have come to the right place. Know what is Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller, how to update it, and where you can download this.
Realtek Gigabit is basically a network adapter mounted on your computer’s motherboard. The Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller software is nothing but a driver that is used to run this network adapter efficiently. The Gigabit network adapter works successfully and provides LAN to your device, all thanks to this driver.
Apart from providing a Local Area Network to your device, this driver also helps to maintain the wired networks connected to your device. To know in deep about the services offered by Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Driver Windows, read below.
What Is Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller
Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller is driver software for the Gigabit network controllers by Realtek which are present in your computer hardware. This driver is mainly responsible for managing the wired connections and LAN for your computer.
Realtek PCIe Family Controller driver is compatible with Windows, DOS, Mac OS, Novell, Linux, and also UEFI drivers. This driver software is also easily available for both the 32-bit and 64-bit operating systems of Windows. For Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller download or update, you can visit www.realtek.com.
What Is Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Speed
The speed of the Realtek Family Controller driver depends on the speed of your network interface. Suppose, if your device is connected to a 2.5G Gigabit Ethernet Realtek network controller, then the speed of the network will be 2.5 GB per second.
And, for instance, if the network interface of Realtek that you are using is 1000M Gigabit Ethernet, then the speed will be 1000 MB per second.
How To Download Realtek PCIe GBE Driver
There are many versions and options available for Windows, Mac OS, Linux, etc for this driver. If you want to download a driver from Realtek for your computer or laptop, or just want to update your driver, then you can visit the official website of Realtek on https://www.realtek.com/. Make sure to not download drivers from any third-party sites to avoid any further issues.
How To Update Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller On Windows
To update the Realtek driver on your Windows PC, you can either download the latest update from the Realtek website or let the computer automatically search for the latest one and install it on your device. This can save a lot of headaches for you to go for the latter option.
Here is how to update the Realtek Family Controller driver.
- First of all, on your Windows device desktop, press the Windows+R keys simultaneously.
- The “Run” dialog box will appear on the desktop now.
- In this box, type “devmgmt.msc” and click on the “OK” button to open the Device Manager.
- Now, find the option that says “Network adapter” from the given list of drivers.
- Once you found it, expand this option by clicking on the arrow left to Network adapter.
- Next, right-click on the “Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller” option.
- Then, select “Update driver” and you will be prompted to another window now.
- Click on”Automatically search for the latest driver and install” and wait patiently.
- Once the updated drivers are installed, restart your PC to let the changes apply.
How To Fix Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Driver Issues
If you see that that the Realtek driver is not doing its work properly or the driver’s speed is reduced, then you can perform the below troubleshooting methods to fix the problem. Before trying the method given below, make sure to update the driver by following the steps given above. An update can magically fix the errors and speed issues on your driver.
Even after updating, you see that the driver is very slow, try this:
- First of all, press Windows+R keys simultaneously and enter ncpa.cpl in the box.
- Click on “OK” or press Enter to open the Network Connections window.
- Now, right-click on the network adapter that you are currently using from Realtek.
- Select the last option from the menu which is “Properties”.
- Next, on the Properties page, switch to the “Advanced” tab and go to the Property column.
- Here, under the Property column, click on the “Speed and Duplex” option.
- Go to the Value section and choose the maximum value available in the list.
- Save your changes and exit the window.
Other Articles To Check:
That was all about the Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller driver. This is an important driver to use the wired networks on your computer. Therefore, do not uninstall it just like that. If you find that the speed of this network driver is slow, you can update the driver and also try to maximize the speed value. We hope you found this information helpful. For more useful guides, please visit the Kinetic HiFi website.