Are you looking for a quick solution to fix the “NVIDIA Display settings are not available” error? Display settings being not available on your Windows points out that your NVIDIA display service is not able to interact with the NVIDIA GPU.
NVIDIA GeForce graphics card delivers smooth and high-quality visuals on Windows computers and laptops. Users who work more on images and videos use NVIDIA graphics cards for a better experience. This video card is used by many video gamers for getting enhanced visuals.
However, some of the users, when tried to open the NVIDIA Control Panel, received an error that says “NVIDIA Display settings are not available you are not currently using a display attached to an NVIDIA GPU”. In this post, we will show you some easy and effective solutions to fix this error.
How To Fix NVIDIA Display Settings Are Not Available on Windows
As we have discussed earlier, NVIDIA display settings go unavailable when there is an issue with your NVIDIA GPU. Therefore, we will focus on the display settings as well as the GPU interface to quickly resolve this issue. We have gathered some effective solutions for fixing this error on your Windows easily. Try out the methods and get rid of this NVIDIA Display settings are not available problem.
Restart Your PC
The first thing that we recommend doing is to restart your PC. Without getting deeper into the solutions, just reboot your computer quickly and wait for it to launch. Once your PC restarts, go to the NVIDIA Control Panel and check if the “NVIDIA Display settings are not available” error still shows up.
Most of the users reported on NVIDIA Display settings are not available Reddit platform that restarting has helped them to fix this issue. Hence, you can also hope for this method to make the error disappear.
Check Display Connection
Now, if restarting the PC has not fixed the issue, go to the hardware of your PC. There are two ports present for the display card to connect to the CPU. As shown below, there will be two ports available, one for the integrated/onboard graphics card, and the other is for a discrete graphics card like NVIDIA.
Many users get confused in this department and may have switched the connections. So, check your CPU cabinet whether the NVIDIA display output cable is connected in the correct place which is the Video card output. If you find that it is in the integrated card’s output slot, then shift it back and then restart your device.
Change The Adapter Output
Even after connecting your graphics card to a correct display slot, you are still getting the “NVIDIA Display settings are not available” error? Then, try changing the adapter output of your graphics card to get rid of this error quickly.
Connect your graphics card to a VGA to HDMI converter adapter output and use the HDMI port on the graphics card. Or without going for a VGA to HDMI converter, change the total adapter output to a DisplayPort.
Disable and Enable NVIDIA Graphics Card
This method has worked for many users to fix the NVIDIA Display settings are not available error. Therefore, we recommend you try this method. You have to disable the NVIDIA device and then again enable it for fixing the problem. Follow the simple steps given below to disable and then enable the NVIDIA graphics card.
- First of all, open the Run dialog box by pressing Windows + R keys.
- Now, type “devmgmt.msc” in the box and press Enter or click “OK”.
- Go to the “Display adapters” section and expand this option.
- Next, right-click on the “NVIDIA graphics card” option.
- Click on the “Disable this device” option and then wait for a few minutes.
- Finally, enable it back and then restart your PC.
Then, open the NVIDIA Graphics Card services and check if it opens normally or shows the “NVIDIA Display settings are not available” error.
Alternate The NVIDIA Services
In case if the NVIDIA Display driver services are stopped or interrupted that are the main intermediary services between your NVIDIA graphics card and the OS, then this can also lead to the issue NVIDIA Display settings are not available. Therefore, you have to check and make changes to the NVIDIA Display driver properties. To do so, follow the instructions given below.
- Firstly, press Windows + R keys on your keyboard to open the Run dialog box.
- Type the “msc.services” command and then click on “OK”.
- Now, you will be redirected to the Services(Local) of your device.
- Scroll down and find the NVIDIA services. You will find 3 or 4 NVIDIA services.
- Select the first option, right-click on it, and choose “Properties”.
- Next, make the “Startup type” box to “Automatic”.
- Then, click on the “Start” button to make the “Status” to “Started”.
- Finally, click on the “Apply” button to save the changes.
- Do the same for all the other 3 NVIDIA services.
Once you see that the changes are applied, go back to your NVIDIA display and check if is still showing that the NVIDIA Display settings are not available.
Update NVIDIA Graphics Driver
The last method that we recommend is updating your NVIDIA GPU driver in case if your driver is outdated. An outdated graphics driver can lead to a lot of display issues. So, it is always better to keep your drivers updated.
If you are so lazy to do all updating, then you can install any one of the driver update software on your PC that will automatically complete the work for you. To update the NVIDIA Graphics driver, follow the steps given below.
- First of all, open your computer browser and go to https://www.geforce.com/drivers.
- This site is the GeForce driver download center from where you can download updated drivers.
- Select your graphics card version and then download the latest NVIDIA driver.
- After installing the latest drivers on your device, exit the window.
Restart your computer and then open the “NVIDIA Control Panel”. You have most definitely gotten rid of the display settings not available.
Other Similar Articles To Look:
- Steamworks common redistributables
- Video tdr failure windows 10
- Nvidia control panel missing
- Best seeds for minecraft
We hope the methods that we provided here were useful for you in fixing the “NVIDIA Display settings not available” issue. Follow the instructions carefully and perform the methods that are listed here. You can easily fix the problem within no time. If you liked this information, also share it with your friends. Follow our website Kinetic HiFi for more useful tutorials.