If you are troubled with NVIDIA Control Panel missing issue, then don’t worry. We’ve got your back. You can easily get back your NVIDIA Control Panel with the help of this post. To know-how, make sure to read this article till the last.
NVIDIA control panel is a software application that is mostly used by hardcore gamers. This software boosts up your NVIDIA Graphics Card and lets the users access NVIDIA drivers from a centralized interface. The gaming performance of the PC incredibly increases with the use of this app.
But, the issue with this software that we have recently come across is, the NVIDIA Control Panel missing issue. Users are unable to access this app on their device. It just disappears and can’t be found anywhere on the computer.
No need to worry, as we have found a solution for it. We have tried several methods to get rid of the NVIDIA Control Panel Missing Windows 10 issue. And finally, we are sharing the methods that worked for us in this post.
NVIDIA Control Panel Missing
Most users who install NVIDIA Graphics Card on their computer or laptop also install the NVIDIA Control Panel software. This app lets you use the NVIDIA Graphics Card’s features to their fullest and also increase the gaming performance of your PC excellently.
But, users have reported that when they want to adjust some settings or have to uncheck some options in the NVIDIA Control Panel, they are not able to find this app on their PCs.
The exact reason can’t be pointed out as there are many factors that can be responsible for this kind of issue to happen like the missing NVIDIA Control Panel. Some of the main reasons that can cause this issue are Windows Security Update, Operating System crashes, Game crashes, etc.
However, there are some methods that can help you to fix this issue. So, without waiting anymore, let’s start with the solutions for NVIDIA Control Panel Missing issue.
Methods To Fix NVIDIA Control Panel Missing
Here, we have listed the best and effective methods to get back the NVIDIA Control Panel missing options. Follow the methods that we have given here.
Restart The PC
This method is the easiest one but is also effective in its own way. The first thing you should do when you come across the NVIDIA Control Panel missing issue is to quickly restart your computer or laptop. This method worked for most Windows users, so you can trust this.
Unhide NVIDIA Control Panel
If the NVIDIA Control Panel is hidden in your settings, that will also lead to the missing NVIDIA Control Panel app. To unhide the NVIDIA Control Panel, follow the steps given below.
- Go to the Start button and open the “Control Panel”. You can directly search for the “Control Panel” in the search bar.
- Make sure to change the category of icons. Click on “View by” and select “Large icons”.
- Find the “NVIDIA Control Panel” in the list of given options and open it.
- Click on the “Desktop” tab once you opened the NVIDIA Control Panel. Now, click on “Add Desktop Context Menu”.
- Exit the window and make a right-click on your Desktop. Make sure to check if the “NVIDIA Control Panel” option is appearing in the context menu.
Update GPU Drivers
If there are any pending Graphics driver updates, then it can also lead to the NVIDIA Control Panel missing issue. Updating your GPU drivers can help you fix the problem. To do so, follow the simple steps given below.
- Press Windows + X keys on your PC to open the menu options. Find the “Device Manager” option and open it.
- Now, click on the “Display Adapters” option and you will get a list of programs on your device.
- Make a right-click on “NVIDIA Driver” and select the “Properties” option.
- Switch to the “Driver” tab and click on “Update Driver”.
- Then, click on “Search automatically for updated driver software”.
- Wait for the system to find the pending updates. If there are no updates pending, then exit the window.
- If there are any updates pending, then just install them on your device.
Once installed the driver updates, go back to your desktop and try to see if the NVIDIA Control Panel missing issue still persists.
Restart NVIDIA Services
If you restart the NVIDIA services, then it can also help to fix the internal issues, if there any, in the app. Also, your NVIDIA services will start as new and get refreshed. Follow the steps that we have given below to restart NVIDIA services.
- Firstly, go to the search bar on your PC and find the “Services” app.
- Now, scroll through all the services and find those with “NVIDIA” at the starting.
- Once you find a service file with an NVIDIA name, right-click on it and select “Properties”.
- Next, you have to make some settings changes here. Make the “Startup type” option to “Automatic”.
- Then, under “Service Status” click on “Stop”. Wait for a minute or two.
- Finally, click on “Start” beside the “Stop” option.
This will restart the NVIDIA services. Do the same for all the NVIDIA files on your system.
Don’t Overclock The GPU
Many gamers overclock their GPU(Graphics Processing Unit) for speeding up their PC gaming performance. Overclocking might enhance your gameplay and speeds up the PC temporarily. But, overclocking can lead to harm to your PC.
There are also cases when the CPU burns up because of the high setting changes. Hence, you can also get NVIDIA Control Panel missing issue because of overclocking.
If you have overclocked your PC, then reset the settings back to normal as soon as possible. Use the same app that you used for overclocking to reset it. Once you reset your GPU, go back and check the NVIDIA Control Panel Missing issue is still occurring.
Other Similar Articles To check:
- Error code: m7111-5059
- Kmode_exception_not_handled windows 10
- Tiworker.exe windows modules installer worker
We hope the above methods helped you to get rid of the NVIDIA Control Panel missing issue. Try all the methods that we have given in this post. If unfortunately, none of the given methods worked for you, then just uninstall the NVIDIA Driver and install it again. Tell us which method worked for your PC. For more related articles, visit the Kinetic HiFi website.