If you are having any trouble connecting to the web, or any data issues, or your PC is showing errors, then you can use the Netsh Winsock reset command. This is an all in one solution for most of the problems that show up on your Windows PC.
Nowadays, Windows 10 devices are very vulnerable and are creating a lot of difficulties when the user tries to operate them. But, Netsh Winsock reset command can search for the issues on your Windows 10 and will ultimately fix them.
Here, we are going to explain how to execute the Netsh Winsock reset command and what issues can it help you to fix. Scroll down to read further.
Netsh Winsock Reset
We are saying that this command can fix many issues on your computer. You might be wondering what does Netsh Winsock Reset do actually? Here is the answer to it.
Netsh Winsock Reset is an NT command on the Microsoft OS computers that resets the network shell within your Windows Socket. If there are any network issues or connectivity problems residing in your device, then they will be resolved with this quick reset.
How To Perform Netsh Winsock Reset
Now, here is how to do Netsh Winsock Reset exactly. The method is quite simple and easy. We just have to run a command in the Command Prompt and wait for it to be executed completely. While executing, it will reset all the network settings in the Winsock catalog and will give a quick refresh to your network.
For a more detailed procedure, here are the steps in detail so that you can easily do the reset.
- Firstly, you have to run Command Prompt as an admin.
- Go to the Start button, search “Command Prompt” in the bar.
- Once you see the command prompt results, right-click on it.
- Select the “Run as administrator” option and it will open.
- Now, type this command “netsh winsock reset” and press Enter.
- Once you the message for successful execution, restart the computer.
- This will allow the computer to apply the reset changes.
That’s it! You have successfully completed the Netsh Winsock Reset on your Windows 10 device.
What Issues Can Netsh Winsock Reset Fix
Below are the problems that Windows devices often face. Most issues that can be solved by the Netsh command are network or connectivity problems. You can easily fix the issues given here with the help of Netsh Winsock Reset execution.
- Network problems on your Windows device once you remove virus and malware files.
- It can also help you get rid of the “This site can’t be reached” error on the screen.
- Fixes the pop-up errors showing an issue within the network.
- Registry errors like “WiFi connected but no Internet Connection”.
- If TCP/IP reset didn’t resolve your internet issues.
- When there are any issues with your DNS files.
- When your device fails to renew the IP address.
- Netsh Winsock Reset can also fix the DHCP errors.
- All the network problems or connectivity issues in Windows 10.
How Often Can You Perform Netsh Winsock Reset
It is not harmful to perform Netsh Winsock Reset on your device. But, make sure not to exceed the number of times you are doing the Winsock reset.
Within the lifetime of your computer, it is the most suitable if you do the reset a few times. So, don’t do it very often. Just when you think that no other methods are helping or working for fixing the issues, then go for the Netsh Winsock reset catalog.
You can just install Antivirus software on your PC so that it can detect the errors and fix them from time to time. This will reduce the risk of having network issues and you will not need to perform Winsock reset more often.
In case if you don’t want to use the Winsock reset command or don’t want to reset the Winsock catalog many times, but no method is helping you out of the network issues, then in the worst-case scenario, just uninstall the Windows Operating System on your device.
It is the least recommended method from us as it can delete all your data and programs from the PC. But, you can store your data in some hard disk storage or transfer it into memory and then uninstall the OS on your device. Then, install an updated and fresh version so that you can have a smooth and troubleless experience.
Other Articles To Look:
Netsh Winsock Reset is an NT Command used on Microsoft computers to resolve network errors or any kind of connectivity issues on your computer. You just have to open the Command Prompt and execute the command. Then restart the computer to let the execution show its action on the device. This will automatically fix most of the problems on your device. For more related posts, visit the Kinetic HiFi website.