Windows users may have noticed that there is a file named .NET Runtime Optimization Service in the Task Manager of their PC. And this file is comparatively taking large amounts of CPU, disk, and storage capacity than the usual programs. Confused about what this file is?
.NET Runtime Optimization file has been noticed to cause high CPU usage in a lot of Windows computers. When the users felt that their computer is lagging in operations, they checked the Task Manager and got to see this file. When checked properly, it is eating up a lot of CPU resources.
Thus, the computer can be slowing down due to this file. If you are worried about your computer’s safety, then this post is for you. Know how to fix the high CPU and disk usage by the .NET Runtime Optimization file in this article.
- 1 What Is .NET Runtime Optimization Service
- 2 How To Fix .NET Runtime Optimization Service High CPU Usage
What Is .NET Runtime Optimization Service
.NET Runtime Optimization Service is a useful Windows component. It handles the launching of programs on your device and is responsible for opening or booting the applications faster. Not only that, but this software also manages the safety of the device. It scans the device for malware and also optimizes the speed of the device.
Having .NET Runtime Optimization enables your device to open any application within seconds. Otherwise, the device applications may take a longer time to launch and function respectively. Therefore, .NET Optimization Service is a must-have software for your Windows PC.
.NET Optimization Runtime Optimization Service High CPU Usage
We have said earlier that this .NET Runtime file is for launching programs faster and to optimize the PC. But, some of the Windows users are facing trouble because of this file. A lot of users are have complained that the .NET optimization file is responsible for the high CPU usage on their devices and is causing crashes in their CPU.
The most probable reasons for high CPU usage by Runtime Optimization Service are:
- You might have installed a duplicate file of the .NET Runtime service.
- The .NET Optimization Service on your device is attacked by malware.
- The optimization is very slow on your device causing high CPU usage.
How To Fix .NET Runtime Optimization Service High CPU Usage
Since .NET Runtime Optimization Service is a useful Windows optimization tool, you should not uninstall it or delete it from the device. Instead, you can try to fix the problem. Follow the simple methods given below and successfully fix the CPU over usage issue on your Windows PC.
Scan The Device For Malware
The very first method we suggest is to check whether your computer is free of viruses and threats. One of the main causes why any program or software misbehaves is due to a PC virus. Therefore, make sure your computer is free of malware first.
Download a trusted anti-virus application on your computer like Avast, AVG Antivirus, BitDefender, Norton, etc. Complete the installation on your device and then open the application. Run a full computer scan and wait patiently. If the scan results show that there is an infected file, immediately get rid of it.
Restart NVIDIA Telemetry Container Service
If you use an NVIDIA graphics card on your PC, then restart the NVIDIA Telemetry Service. This method can also help to fix the .NET Runtime Optimization Service issue. Follow the steps given below to restart NVIDIA Telemetry Container Service.
- Open the Run dialog box by pressing the Windows+R buttons on the keyboard.
- Enter the “services.msc” command in the box and click on the “OK” button.
- Now, from the list of programs, find the “NVIDIA Telemetry Container” service.
- Once you find this program, right-click on it, and select the “Properties” option.
- In the Properties window, go to Startup type, and choose “Automatic”.
- Then, save the changes by clicking on “Apply” and then “OK”.
- Now, restart the device and check the Task Manager if .NET high CPU usage is fixed.
Speed Up .NET Runtime Optimization Service
One of the reasons why .NET Runtime Service can take larger CPU resources is due to the slowing down of .NET optimization. Therefore, try to speed up the software by following the steps given below.
- Run the Command Prompt as administrator on your computer.
- In the Command Prompt, enter the following command based on your computer OS.
- For Windows – 32 bit: cd C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319
- For Windows – 64 bit: cd C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.0.30319
- After entering one of the commands, press Enter to execute the command.
- Now, also enter another command: ngen.exe executequeueditems. Press Enter.
- Once this command is also executed, restart the computer.
- Go to Task Manager and see if .NET Runtime Optimization Service CPU usage is lowered.
Run Official Microsoft Script
If you are still seeing that the .NET Runtime Optimization Service is using high CPU, disk space, and primary memory, then try this method. You have to run the official .NET script by Microsoft. Follow the steps given below to carry out the method.
- Open the browser on your Windows PC and visit the https://github.com/Microsoft/dotnet/ website.
- Now, navigate to the Git Hub Microsoft Script on this page.
- Go to the top-right corner as shown in the image and click on the “Raw” option.
- From the given options, select “Save link as”, and check if the file is of “.wsf” format.
- Once the file is saved, click on the file to run it on your computer.
- If you are asked to select a program to run the script, choose “Windows Script Host”.
- Let the Git Hub script run on your computer and wait for it to finish.
- The .NET Runtime Optimization Service high CPU issue will be fixed.
.NET Runtime Optimization Service is a useful Windows component. Since .NET Runtime Optimization Service is a useful Windows optimization tool, you should not uninstall it or delete it from the device. Perform the solutions given in this post and fix the high CPU usage issue. We hope you found this information useful. Visit Kinetic HiFi for more useful guides.