League Of Legends is the world-famous arena battle game that every kid and teenager loves for sure. But, what is with the League Client Not Opening issue? In this post, we are going to discuss the “League Of Legends client not opening” problem, and how to fix it easily.
Started in the year 2009, League Of Legends is one of the most popular online video games. This game is compatible with Windows and Mac devices and is incredibly loved by its users. There are more than 115 million players who joined the League game.
But, in the recent past period, many LOL players are having trouble opening the game. Either the game starts partially, or just the whole screen goes blank. Well, that’s not a big deal. You can easily fix the “League client not opening” problem with the help of this post.
How To Fix League Client Not Opening
The reason why this issue of league client not opening occurs is not only one. Corrupted game files, pending driver updates, Firewall blocking, and many other things can be the reasons behind the League client not opening. We have described the most useful and working methods that can resolve the League client not opening issue.
Close the LOL Files
If there are opened LOL files that were not terminated properly or are still running in the background, then make sure to get rid of those files. These app files can be creating internal application troubles and that is why you are getting the League Of Legends won’t open issue.
To close the LOL files on your computer, follow the steps given below.
- Firstly, press Ctrl+Shift+Esc keys to open the Task Manager.
- Make sure to switch the tab to “Processes”.
- In the Processes tab, you will get all the current programs running on your PC.
- Find all the LOL and its related files.
- Make a right-click on each file, then select the “End Task” option.
- You must close the “LOLLauncher.exe” and “LOLClient.exe” files.
- Finally, click on “End Task” at the bottom of the page.
Now, restart your computer so that your changes are saved and also to refresh your system files. Once your restart is completed, launch the LOL game and see if it is working or not.
Run LOL as an Admin
If closing the LOL files in the Task Manager didn’t fix your problem, then here is another method. Running the desired app as an admin can give more access to the game, get rid of corrupted files, and will ultimately resolve the issues.
To run LOL as an administrator, follow the steps given below.
- Click on the “My Computer” icon from the desktop.
- Now, select “C://” Drive and double click to open it.
- Next, you have to open the “Riot Games” folder.
- Click on the “League Of Legends” installation folder.
- Then, make a right-click on the “leagueclient.exe” file.
- Finally, click on the “Run as Administrator” option.
Now, exit from the window. Refresh your computer once or twice. And then, launch the League Of Legends game. If the issue still persists, then you can try the next method that we have given below.
Edit Configuration File
You might have known that there are some already configured files on our systems that are used for Operating System settings, server settings, and other program settings. This configuration file is the user.cfg file that is hidden in the user’s home directory.
These already programmed file settings can also be the reason behind the League client not working error. Follow the steps given below to edit the user.cfg file.
- On your desktop, right-click on the LOL shortcut. Select “Open file location” from the given options.
- Now, make sure to enter the “/RADS/System“ directory.
- Next, you have to find the “user.cfg” file in this directory. Once you found the file, right-click on it.
- Then, select “Open with Notepad”. You will get the program settings written on the notepad.
- Search for the text “leagueClientOptIn = yes” and change it to “leagueClientOptIn= no”.
- Now, go back to the LOL installation directory, and get rid of the “LeagueClient.exe” file.
- Finally, from the installation directory, launch LOL by opening the “lol.launcher.exe” file.
This method will surely fix all your League client not opening problems. However, if this method didn’t help you out, here is another method that you can use.
Repair LOL Game
There might be some corrupted or missing game files that are stopping your game to run. If you installed the game from an unknown source or another third-party website, then there is a high chance of having corrupted game files.
To get rid of these issues, you can repair your game with some manual steps.
- Open the installation directory by navigating to the C Drive.
- Now, open the “Riot Games” folder from there.
- Then, open the “League Of Legends” folder.
- You have to run the “lol.launcher.admin” file now.
- Next, click on the cogwheel icon, and choose the “Initialize Full Repair” option.
- Then, your game will start scanning and verifying its files.
- So, wait for a few minutes until the repair is finished.
Once this process is done, go back to your game and check if the issue still persists.
Some Other Fixes
If the above-given methods didn’t fix your issue, then here are some more quick and easy fixes that you can try to solve the League client not opening issue.
- Re-Install LOL: This is a simple and easy method to try whenever you face a problem with an app or game. Just uninstall the LOL game from the Control Panel. Now, install from the official website and get the latest version.
- Update Drivers: Outdated drivers or corrupted drivers can also lead to the app’s not working issue. So, make sure to update your drivers manually or you can also install an automatic driver update installer.
- Add Exclusion to Firewall: In Windows computers, the Firewall is the main villain that stops you from almost all the games and apps. So, add LOL as an exclusion so that your game won’t be blacklisted. Then, launch LOL and check if the League client not working issue is solved or not.
Other Similar Articles To Check:
- Skse64 not working
- Vizio tv won’t turn on
- Vizio smartcast tv not available
We hope you got a fix for your League client not working. Just try the simple ways that we have listed above. Make sure to update your game and drivers to prevent these kinds of problems. Tell us which method helped you to get rid of the League client not opening or not launching problem. For more related articles, visit our website Kinetic HiFi.