How To Fix “io.netty.channel.abstractchannel$annotatedconnectexception” error? Error codes in games are the most frustrating thing in existence for gamers. Due to various reasons, so many games show errors. Minecraft is not excluded from this list.
Minecraft is one of the most played online video games which is known for its unique and creative gameplay. It has more than 126 million active monthly users. But many of these users are victims of a connection timeout error and other aka.ms/remoteconnect errors. When you try to join a server or a game, this error appears and doesn’t let you play the game.
If you are also facing any such issue and want to get rid of it, then we’ve got your back. With some little fixes and modifications in settings, you can easily get rid of this error code. Here, we will show you some effective methods that will fix this connection time out error.
- 1 io.netty.channel.abstractchannel$annotatedconnectexception
- 2 Minecraft io.netty.channel.abstractchannel$annotatedconnectexception Fixes
io.netty.channel.abstractchannel$annotatedconnectexception connection timed out is an error code that displays due to the lost connectivity. Most of the time, this issue occurs to multi-player servers. Single players are rarely affected by this error.
The main reason for such kinds of errors is IP connectivity issues. When you send a joining request to the main server, any interruption of signals or any issue with your server-side will trigger this error.
The error code “io.netty.channel.abstractchannel$annotatedconnectexception connection refused” is annoying and quite hard to get rid of the error. However, you can still fix it without spending money on repairers.
How To Fix Minecraft io.netty.channel.abstractchannel$annotatedconnectexception connection timed out Error
In order to fix this issue, you need to know the reason behind it. We can assume that the main cause for this error is due to the connection timed out Minecraft server issue. Connection errors are mostly occurred due to the server not recognizing your request due to some issue.
However, you can fix this error by spending some time on it. Here, we will show you the best and effortless methods that are very general fixes and can fix so many connectivity or device issues in an instant. So, make sure to start with the easier ones. Why use the lengthy and techy methods when there is a chance of getting your work done easily.
- Restart the game: One of the easiest and quickest methods to solve connection issues is to give a quick refresh to your game.
- Refresh Your Internet: If your device is running on weak internet, then this can also trigger connection errors.
- Restart Your Device: Rebooting your computer can also fix the internal issues easily.
- Power Cycle Your Router: Power cycling can be done this way. Unplug the computer, router, modem, and wait for a few minutes. And plug them all back after some time.
These methods will probably fix the connection timed out Minecraft server error. But, if you are still having the error, then go for the other methods that we have listed below.
Minecraft io.netty.channel.abstractchannel$annotatedconnectexception Fixes
All the methods that we are going to list here are simple and easy. They are just slight changes in your device settings or some other general fixes. These methods will not at all harm your device or other important settings. So, no need to worry about that.
Let’s start with the methods to fix the Minecraft connection error.
Add Exceptions To Firewall
One of the main reasons for your device not getting recognized by the server is the Firewall on your device. The Windows Firewall blocks all the applications that it even considers as a threat so far. Therefore, adding Minecraft as an exception to it is the best way to fix the Minecraft io.netty.channel.abstractchannel$annotatedconnectexception connection timed out error.
Here are the steps you need to follow to add exceptions to Firewall settings.
- Go to the Windows search bar and open “Updates & Security”.
- Now, go to Windows Security on the left panel and select “Firewall and Network Protection”.
- Scroll down and find the “Allow an App through Firewall” option.
- Once you find the option, click on it.
- Now, click on the “Change Settings” and select “Yes”.
- Again, click on “Allow another App”.
- Select “Browse” and go to the folder where Minecraft is installed.
- In the Minecraft folder, select the Minecraft launcher file and click on “Open”.
- Repeat the last three steps again and this time go to the installed “Minecraft server”.
- Open both Java executable files of this folder. Scroll down and click the “Java(TM ) Platform SE binary” option.
- Allow Private and Public networks for “Java(TM ) Platform SE binary”.
Now, go back to your Minecraft game and check if the error is gone or not. Most probably, this method will fix all the connection issues.
Reset The Router/Modem
If there is any issue with your router then it can also be the cause of the error. A strong internet connection is required to access online video games. If any issue on your signal is detected from the server, it shows an error. Therefore, resetting the modem/router is also a good option.
- Turn off the router and unplug it.
- Wait for a minute or two. And turn it on again.
- Or change the router settings and start it as a new one.
- Connect it to a server and check if the issue is gone.
Connect To VPN
Your country or region might not be allowing you to access Minecraft. That might be reason for getting io.netty.channel.abstractchannel$annotatedconnectexception error. In such cases, using a VPN is the best option. VPN will also help to secure your data and device. So, just download VPN software and add it to your browser.
Make sure to download VPN from a trusted source. Once you download it on your PC, change your region and set it to the allowed location. Now, launch the Minecraft game and check for the error.
Delete Unstable Apps
Corrupted apps and unstable software applications on your PC can slow down your device and also creates trouble for other apps. There are many such software apps that we download without knowing about it. You can check the list of apps that are not compatible with Minecraft on the internet.
If you have any of those apps, just delete them as soon as possible to make your game work and to get rid of the io.netty.channel.abstractchannel$annotatedconnectexception error.
Add IP Address & Port Forward Your Network
The Minecraft io.netty.channel.abstractchannel$annotatedconnectexception error can appear due to IP connection issues and dynamic ports. To add your IP address and to change your ports to the correct one, follow the simple steps given below.
- Run the Command prompt as select “Run as an Administrator”.
- Give the command as “ipconfig” and note down your IPv4 address.
- Now, browse to the Minecraft Servers folder.
- Select on “Maxwell” and then Minecraft Server.
- Next, open the Server Properties text file.
- Note down the Server Port details.
- Now, go back to Minecraft and launch the game.
- Select the Multi-player gaming option.
- Click on the server you want to join, and click on “Edit”.
- Enter the IPv4 address you have and click “Done”.
- Once refresh the game to save the changes.
If none of the above methods work, the last option that might be helpful is to uninstall the game and install it again. This can refresh your game and will start as a new one. Any internal issues residing will be fixed automatically. To uninstall Minecraft, follow the steps given below.
- Go to the Start button and click on “Control Panel”.
- Now, click on “Uninstall a Program”.
- Under Apps, find Minecraft and click on it.
- Click on “Uninstall” to delete the app.
- Launch your browser and go to Minecraft’s official page.
- Make sure to install the latest version of Minecraft.
Now, login to your game account and see if the error is gone or not.
We hope this article helped you to get rid of the io.netty.channel.abstractchannel$annotatedconnectexception error code. Use all the methods that we have given in this post. You can easily fix this error with some patience and spending time on it. Make sure to tell us which method worked for your PC. For more related articles, visit our Kinetic HiFi website.