Is your Insta feed not loading for long time and making it difficult to upload your media. Instagram Couldn’t refresh feed error is the most complained issue on Instagram by iOS users.
Instagram is the 6th most used social media site with over 1 billion active users per month. You can send text messages, voice messages, share videos & photos and follow your friends and favorite idols on this app. Posting photos and uploading Stories is the fun part of this app.
But, what if you want to upload a post or an IG Story and your app start showing couldn’t refresh feed on your device. That becomes more annoying when no matter how long you wait, it still shows the same.
In this article, we will tell you how to fix Instagram Couldn’t refresh feed error by trouble shooting the exact cause.
- 1 Instagram Couldn’t Refresh Feed
- 2 Fix Instagram Couldn’t Refresh Feed
- 2.1 Method 1: Check The Network Connectivity
- 2.2 Method 2: Restart The Device
- 2.3 Method 3: Update The Instagram App
- 2.4 Method 4: Log Out and Log In Back
- 2.5 Method 5: Re Install Instagram
- 2.6 Method 6: Avoid Double Hashtags
- 2.7 Method 7: Remove Unwanted Symbols
- 2.8 Method 8: Report To App
- 2.9 Conclusion
Instagram Couldn’t Refresh Feed
When you go to the Instagram app and load the page, this error shows up. You can’t load your Insta feed, your friend’s and followers posts.
There can be several reasons as to why this error occurs.
- Poor Internet Connectivity: The most common cause for your IG feed not refreshing can be your mobile’s connection problem. Instagram needs a good quality data speed to function properly.
- Network Traffic: There can be cases when a large number of upload requests make your Insta server down and unable to refresh feed. Usually, these kind of incident happens on some special occasions when a lot of users try to share their images and videos.
- Carrier Network Reducing Speed: Your mobile’s carrier network might have reduced your mobile’s internet speed due to data limit or some other issues. If you have issue with the carrier network, then contact your internet provider service.
Fix Instagram Couldn’t Refresh Feed
Once you know the reason behind the lack of refreshing insta feed, you can fix the problems quickly. Sometimes, just restarting your phone can fix a lot of issues with social media sites. But in some cases, you need to use methods.
Here, we will show you some effective methods you can use to fix the insta feed error on iOS devices. A quick introduction to the methods is given below.
- Check the network connectivity.
- Restart the device.
- Update the Instagram.
- Log out and in back.
- Re install Instagram.
- Avoid double hashtags.
- Remove any unwanted symbols.
- Report to the App.
You can read the full description of the methods below.
Method 1: Check The Network Connectivity
The first and foremost step to take when facing any issue on internet websites is to check your mobile data or Wi-fi connection. Your Instagram might be lacking speed because of your device’s poor internet connection.
If you are using mobile data, turn on the flight mode or airplane mode and turn off after a few minutes. This can help you resolve the network issue. If that doesn’t seem to work, use a Wi-fi connection.
If you already are using a Wi-fi router, just turn it off and turn on again after few minutes.
Method 2: Restart The Device
If the error is still showing, just reboot your iPad or iPhone. This method has worked for most iOS users and might also work for you. After restarting your mobile or iPad, launch the Instagram app and see if the error is gone.
Method 3: Update The Instagram App
Your feed might be not refreshing due to the outdated version of Instagram. Check your app if it has any current updates not installed. Follow the steps below to update your app.
- Head to App Store on the Apple device.
- Search for Instagram and see if there is any postponed update remaining.
- You can also directly tap on the Updates bar and see if Instagram has any update.
- If there is any click on it.
Now, launch Instagram app and see if the feed is loading.
Method 4: Log Out and Log In Back
If the issue still persists, try logging out and back into the account. The below illustration can help you do the procedure.
- Head to Instagram & tap on your profile on the home page.
- Click on hamburger icon and go to Settings.
- Tap on Log Out option.
- Once you are out of your account, again log in.
Most of the iOS users have confirmed that this method has worked for their phones.
Method 5: Re Install Instagram
If the insta feed error is still showing up on your iPhone, then simply delete the app. No need to log out and all, just Uninstall the app and later install again. Follow these simple steps given below.
- On your home page, hold on the Instagram app for long.
- Tap on X button and the app will be deleted.
- Now, open the App Store and search Instagram app.
- Install the app.
- Then, open the app and login with your details.
Most probably, your feed will upload as usual and will not show any error.
Sometimes, the feed problem might be arising due to the comments given on your posts by others. If someone added a double hashtag in your comments section, that can lead to Instagram Couldn’t refresh feed 2021 statement. To fix the issue, follow the steps below.
- Launch your default browser and Login to Instagram.
- Go to the comment with double hashtag and remove it from your post.
- Open Insta home feed and see if the error is gone.
Method 7: Remove Unwanted Symbols
Just like the double hashtags, usage of other symbols too can ruin your Insta feed. If someone used any unwanted symbol to comment on your post, then it can lead to the loading error on your iPhone. For removing the comments, follow the steps below.
- Launch any default browser on your device.
- Now, sign in to Instagram with your details.
- Go to the comment with such symbols included and remove that from your post.
- Open Insta home feed and see if the error is gone.
Method 8: Report To App
If none of the above methods could fix the problem, directly report to the Instagram app. You can make a report from your iPhone by following the steps given below.
- Head to App Store and search for Instagram.
- Open the app’s Reviews.
- Tap on the icon saying New Document.
- Next, select the option Report a problem.
- Explain the issue to the system itself and they will contact you once they see your report.
Other Similar Articles To Check:
We hope this article helped you to fix the Instagram Couldn’t refresh feed message. If you have any doubts or suggestions, drop your comments below. For more related articles, visit our Kinetic HiFi website.