How to delete twitter account: Twitter is one of the biggest social networking site which is running in the public in a dynamic way. Some of the users are addicted to twitter and its tweets but some users are fed up of it and they want to deactivate twitter account or delete account twitter. So in order to show the users a simple way to close twitter account we are providing the simple steps in this article. But before preceding to it have a glance on some of the policies of the twitter account.
If you want to leave twitter then you can permanently remove twitter account by erasing all the data that is tweets, followers, favourites etc. Erasing will be done immediately but to wipe it fully from twitter server it takes some time. When you simply delete the account then there will be a chance to retain it again, so if you want to delete the account permanently without leaving any issues then you need to delete the account permanently from the server.
In this article we are going to show step by step process on how to delete twitter account permanently, for this you can use your web browser or mobile phone. Using these methods will not affect you pc or mobile. We have tested these methods on our devices and then we are providing here for the users who want to deactivate their twitter account and also deleting the account permanently without leaving any messages, images or any other things.
How Twitter Deactivation Works
If you want to know how to delete twitter account then you need to deactivate twitter account first. When you deactivate an account then twitter will remove all the related data if yours within a few minutes. Now your account will be in the queue for permanent deletion. After 30 days twitter servers will delete your data permanently. And nothing related to your name will be shown and also anyone can register with your former twitter name. In case if you want to recover your account within these 30 days then you can sign in back and reactivate it again. Once if you reactivate then all your favourites will be back again. You can follow anyone method to deactivate your twitter.
- Delete Twitter Account Using Browser
- Delete Twitter Account on Phone
You can use any of the methods and deactivate twitter account permanently. Lets know How to Delete Twitter Account Permanently.
How to Delete Twitter Account Using Browser
If you want to know how to delete twitter account then here are the simple steps which we are providing and you need to be followed to delete a twitter account permanently.
- First, you need to visit the Twitter site, for that login to twitter from your browser.
- Now you will be on your twitter account, here you need to change the account settings. For that Click on your picture >> Settings.
- Now click on the deactivate my account which is in the bottom centre.
- Now twitter will ask about confirmation and also asks you for feedback about why you are deleting this account. It shows the simple goodbye message.
- You need to click on the deactivate button.
- Here twitter will ask you for the login password in order to deactivate the account. Once you enter the password you can deactivate the account.
- Now Twitter will confirm the deactivation of your account.
- Finally, your data will have vanished from twitter. And your account does not exist.
How can I Delete my Twitter Account Permanently
Once you follow the above process completely you can successfully make twitter delete the account but here this twitter does not remove all the data permanently as show above this twitter will store the data for 30 days.
To delete the account permanently:
- Login to account after 30 days of your deletion.
- It says your account does not exist.
- In case if your account opens again you need a forward it to support.
Finally, to make the twitter account delete for permanent you need to wait for 30 days and after that, you account will no longer exist. And all your data will have vanished permanently.
How to Reactivate Twitter Account
If you need to reactivate your twitter account then before 30 days of the time you can simply log in to your account and enter the login credentials, then automatically twitter regains your data and shows your account as usual. Once you login to your account you can see like this.
Enter login details and get back the account
Note: The above procedure works only when you are using a web browser, but this won’t work when you need to delete twitter account on mobile or iPad.
How to Download Your Twitter Archive
In case if you want to know how to delete twitter account but need to save all the data of twitter you can do that by saving your archive. This is the best initiative of twitter which has provided the user the best option, if you change your mind later on and creates the account then you can use this archive and get back the new account with old data.
Here are the steps that you need to be followed to get the twitter archive, this will be helpful when are doing twitter deactivate.
- First, visit twitter Page on your web browser by using your original twitter username and password.
- Click on the profile picture which is at the top right corner and visit settings there.
- Now scroll down the page and you will see the option Request your Archive, you can see the image below.
- Once you make a request twitter will notify you along with an email that your request is received.
- Am mail will be sent by twitter team, you need to click on that link which is download link to get the download of your twitter archive.
- Finally, you will get the twitter archive.
This will be the data of your account tweets, comments, videos, images etc. So you can even check them without your account.
How to Delete Twitter Account on Phone
Actually, many of the users don’t know how to delete twitter account on phone, rather than using the web browser you can simply use your mobile and deactivate your account. For that, you need to follow the simple steps. Here are the steps to deactivate twitter using mobile.
- Click on your profile picture on your mobile. It will show some options. Now check for the help centre, which will be as the last option. Click on the help centre.
- Here you will be redirected to the twitter help center, there you can find My account option by scrolling the screen to down. Click on more button which is below the My account.
- Now you can see the below options for my account. Select Managing your account option Which is in the list of my account.
- There you will see the Reactivate or deactivate an account option which is below.
- Select reactivate or deactivate an account and it shows two options reactivating your account and deactivating your account. Select Deactivate your account option.
- That it now your account will be deactivated in a few minutes.
Also Check: Create Apple ID Without Credit Card
Hope you have successfully deactivated your Twitter account using the browser and also using your mobile phone. If you have any other issues regarding How to Delete Twitter Account then you can contact us at any time. We will be within a few minutes to solve your issues. Share in social networking sites if you like this post. Visit Kinetic HiFi for more information.