Did you accidentally lose your Firestick remote and now you can’t even connect to the wifi without the remote? If you are worried about using your Firestick for the time being without a remote, then this post is for you. Know how to connect Firestick to wifi without remote easily in this post.
Firestick is a media streaming device that can be connected to a TV. You won’t need a smart TV if you have a Firestick with you. Firestick allows you to install apps, stream videos, and play music on your TV, using an internet connection or wifi.
The Firestick device is controlled with its dedicated remote controller only. All the operations on the Firestick should be done only using the Firestick remote. But, what if you are not able to find it on time? What if your Firestick not connected to wifi and lost remote? For those situations, we will show you how to connect Firestick to wifi without remote.
How To Connect Firestick To Wifi Without Remote
If your remote is not available on time, then you can still establish an internet setup Firestick without remote using the methods which are shared below. We have given the most possible and working methods in this post that you can use and connect your Firestick to wifi without using the Firestick remote. Here is how to connect Firestick to wifi without remote in 3 best ways.
Connect Firestick To Wifi Using Fire TV App
This is the best way how to connect Firestick to wifi without remote. If you have a smartphone, then you don’t have to worry about the remote. The Amazon Fire TV application for Android and iOS can be used to connect the Firestick to a wifi connection without needing a remote. For this method, you are going to need two smartphones. Hence, get two Android or iOS phones and follow the steps given below.
- Take the first smartphone, and go to the Settings. Now, navigate to Mobile Hotspot settings, and change the username (SSID) and password (Key). Make sure to keep the SSID and Key the same as your home network. You are going to trick the Firestick this time.
- Connect the second smartphone to the mobile hotspot of your first smartphone. You have to make sure that you are connected to the first smartphone only.
- When you turn on the Firestick, it will automatically connect to the first smartphone’s mobile hotspot, as it thinks that it is the home network since the SSID and password are the same.
- Now, on the second smartphone, go to the respective Google Play Store or App Store and install the Amazon Fire TV app.
- Use the second smartphone as your Firestick remote. Once both the smartphone and Firestick are over the same network, you can start using the phone as the remote.
- You can even change the Network settings on your Firestick. If you want, you can go to the Network section and connect the Firestick to any other wifi network.
- This is how to connect Firestick to wifi without remote easily. All you need is the Amazon Fire TV app.
Echo or Echo Dot Device
If you have Amazon’s Alexa, then your problem is solved. You can connect the Firestick to Echo or Echo dot and operate through voice commands. Here the condition is that you must have connected the Firestick to the Echo device before.
- On your smartphone, open the Amazon Alexa app.
- Now, go to the bottom of the screen and select the “More” option.
- Find and open the “Settings” option from the given menu.
- Under Settings, tap on “TV & Video” and open it.
- Now, select the “Fire TV” and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the setup.
- Done. Now, use the Echo device as the remote.
This is another method how to connect Firestick to wifi without remote successfully. Also see spectrum tv app on firestick for more clarity.
Use HDMI CEC Remote
Here is another way how to connect Firestick to wifi without remote easily. Do you have an HDMI CEC remote at home? CEC (Customer Electronics Control) remote is a universal remote that can be used for any Smart TV, Apple TV, Firestick TV, etc. These remotes are connected through an HDMI port and can be used for operating the TV operations without its particular remote.
Here, you must make sure if the TV you are using accepts CEC devices or not. If the TV allows it, then you can connect the remote to the HDMI input and start using it. To check if your streaming device has a CEC remote option on it, do as given below.
Go to Settings -> Display and Sounds. Here, check if there is any CEC option available. If yes, then your problem is solved. Connect a CEC remote and use it to connect your Firestick to wifi or have to do any other settings on the TV.
We hope we have given a clear explanation on how to connect Firestick to wifi without remote. If you are in a situation where you are unable to find the remote or lost it, then you can easily use the tricks given in this article to connect Firestick to wifi without remote. If you liked this idea, then please share it with others too. Keep visiting Kinetic HiFi to get more useful posts.