Are you suspicious that your mobile is getting tracked by anonymous sources. You can change IMEI number to get rid of hackers.
An IMEI(International Mobile Equipment Identity)number is a 15 digit unique serial number given to each individual mobile which is very useful for keeping the mobile info. This code is present on the battery and at the back of your phone.
If you want to know how can you change IMEI number for your device, go through the various methods we have listed in this post.
Change IMEI Number
You can easily change your mobile’s unique code with or without rooting your phone. Before changing your number, you must know the consequences that you might have to face later. Here are the Pros and Cons of changing your number.
- Changing your IMEI serial number can be helpful when you suspect that someone is tracking your phone. Anyone can easily track your mobile if they have your IMEI code. When you change the number, your phone can’t be traced anymore.
- If your phone model is of older version, then changing the number will be useful. You can get all new updates for your Operating System and can also download them even if your mobile phone doesn’t support those versions.
- You can fix any issues on your mobile regarding IMEI by changing your number.
- Some companies gives special offers to the mobile users based on the IMEI code of their phone. You can get those offers easily by changing your IMEI unique number.
- It is illegal to change the IMEI unique number in several countries as it is a unique code given to your mobile. The UK, the US and some European countries strictly prohibit changing your IMEI code. You might get punished if you go against the rules.
- Some Asian and African countries doesn’t state it illegal. You can change your code after checking whether its legal in your area or not. However, it is advisable not to change.
- In case of any emergency, it will become difficult for your friends or family to trace you. So make sure to share your new code with them.
- Your device can be seriously harmed if you change IMEI number. It is embedded into your mobile when it is made by the OS. Your mobile might lose its efficiency.
- You lose your ownership of the mobile when you change IMEI number. You can’t claim to the seller afterwards even if you lost your mobile. The mobile will show new IMEI code and they will clearly deny to accept that they sold the mobile.
Requirements To Change IMEI Number
There are certain things which you need to prepare before hand if you want to change the unique number. You have to download some necessary apps and also change your phone settings to go forward. Read to know in detail.
Note Down The Original IMEI Code
Before starting the process to change the code, write down your mobile’s IMEI code. You will need this number to change to new one for Android devices. You can find the IMEI number of your device easily on the back of your smartphone, or on the battery. If you can’t find the code, you can simply call ‘*#o6#’ and it will display your number.
Download Mobile Uncle Tools App
Make sure to download the “Mobile Uncle Tools” software on your mobile. You’ll need this app to change the number on Android devices.
Enable USB Debugging
You need to turn on USB debugging option on your mobile to change the identity number for Android devices. If you don’t exactly know how to do that, here are the simple steps you need to follow.
- Unlock your phone and head to ‘Settings’.
- Scroll down till last and tap on ‘About’.
- Find ‘Build number’ under ‘About’ and tap it 8 times continuously.
- You will be taken to ‘Developers Options’ page.
- Check for ‘USB debugging’ in the list of options given.
- Once you find it, enable the option.
Now you are ready to change IMEI number for your Android mobile.
How To Change IMEI Number
You can change the number for your mobile with or without rooting your mobile. We would say it is better not to root your mobile as it can damage your smartphone and might make it useless later. Rooting lets you have the power of Operating System in your hand. You can easily switch the current OS with another one.
However, it can harm your mobile. We will tell you methods to change IMEI number with as well as without rooted device. Follow the given steps carefully to achieve the purpose.
How To Change IMEI Number Without Rooted Device
These are a few methods you can carry out to change your mobile identity number without rooted smartphone.
Method-1: This procedure is the most common for Android smartphones.
- Dial a number on your phone from either of these two *#*#3646633#*#* OR *#7465625#.
- Engineered Mode will be enabled on your mobile.
- Tap on the ‘Connectivity Option’ located beside ‘Hardware’.
- Now, you will get CDS information on your screen.
- Select ‘Radio Information’ option.
- If you have two sims on your mobile, you can change the number for either only one or both of them.
- You will see something like this on your screen: IMEI1(for Sim 1) and IMEI2(for Sim 2) .
- Replace IMEI_1 in the “AT+EGMR=1,7,”with your choice of new IMEI number for Sim 1.
- Replace IMEI_2 in the “AT+EGMR=1,10” with your choice of new IMEI number for Sim 2.
- Finally, tap on ‘SEND’ button.
Your new IMEI number will be enabled now.
Method-2: This method needs you to format all the files in your phone. Back up all the files before formatting your mobile.
- Go to ‘Settings’ on your Android Smartphone.
- Select the ‘Backup & Reset’ option.
- Then, tap on ‘Factory Data Reset’ on the next page.
- Next, you will receive a notification on your mobile.
- Tap on ‘Create new (random) Android ID’.
- Now you can type a new number to change IMEI code.
Method-3: This method is for MediaTek Chip(MTK) devices. You need to download the Mobile Uncle Tools app for this method. Let’s get started for this process.
- Firstly, download and install Mobile Uncle Tools on your smartphone.
- Launch the app and tap on ‘Engineer’ option.
- Under that, select ‘Engineer Mode (MTK)’.
- Search the page and click on ‘CDS Information’.
- Then, select ‘Radio Information’ option.
- You will see 2 options showing Phone 1 & Phone 2 . Select Phone 2.
- Then, replace the AT+ on the screen with “AT+(space)Your 15 Digit New IMEI Number Here“.
- For example, AT+ 121234345656787.
- Finally, tap on SEND AT COMMAND and it’s done.
If the new IMEI number is displayed on your screen, then it means your process was successful.
How To Change IMEI Number With Rooted Device
You need to root your mobile in order to use this method. Also, you need to install the following apps on your mobile before starting.
- Xposed Installer APK App and
- Xposed IMEI Changer App
You can now start the process of changing IMEI number by following these steps:
- Dial *#06# on your rooted mobile and make a call. Your IMEI number will be displayed on the screen. Make sure to write it down.
- Open Xposed Installer APK app and select the ‘Modules’ option.
- Now, tap on ‘IMEI Changer App’ checkmark option.
- Go back to your home page and restart your mobile.
- When the device is restarted, go to IMEI Changer App.
- You will see your device’s IMEI number on the screen and an empty bar to create a new IMEI number.
- Type down a new 15 digit number and hit the ‘Apply’ button.
- Restart your mobile once again.
- Now, if you want to confirm if your number was changed or not, you can dial *#06#.
Other Similar Articles To Check:
- Best minecraft resource packs
- Free minecraft accounts 2021
- Netflix free trial without credit card
We have listed some efficient methods for you to renew IMEI number on Android smartphones. Before you change your code, make sure that it is legal in your country. For more information, please visit Kinetic HiFi website .