Many Discord users have been complaining about the Discord Not Detecting Mic problem. There is actually a microphone glitch in the Discord that is not allowing the software to detect the mic. But, worry not, there are some fixes for it.
Discord is a VoiceOver Internet Protocol software and an instant messaging app where users create communities called “servers” and interact with each other. You can send voice messages, texts, share media files, and much more.
Most gamers use Discord to communicate while playing games. But, the desktop version of Discord seems to show some troubles. The most reported issue is “Discord Not Detecting Mic”. Here, we will show you some of the best methods that can get you out of this issue.
How To Fix Discord Not Detecting Mic Issue
You opened your Discord and tried to record an audio file or play something, but the mic not working on Discord. In such cases, don’t worry at all. These are some minor issues in your software or device that are creating trouble.
The issue of the mic not working in Discord is quite common and most of the Windows users are victims of it. With some general fixes, they were able to get back their mic feature. So, you can also follow the methods given below.
Before going on with the given methods, make sure to change your headset and check if the Discord is detecting the mic. Since there is a high chance that the issue is with your headset, so we suggest doing so. If using another headset also not working, then proceed with the fixes given below.
Here, we have given the six best methods that will help you to get rid of the Discord not detecting mic issue.
Log Out of Discord
Whenever you find an issue with your application, make sure to log out of the app and then login again after a few minutes. This might look like a small step but can fix many issues with your app. Therefore, the first method that we have given here is to log out of Discord.
Follow the steps given below to do so.
- Launch Discord on your PC and at the bottom-left of the page, find the “User Settings” icon.
- Scroll the settings and find the “Log Out” button and click on it. Confirm to log out.
- Wait for a few minutes and enter your details and login correctly.
- Once you completed the login successfully, check if the Discord not Detecting Mic issue still persists.
Allow Discord to use your Microphone
If there are any privacy settings on your Windows PC that are not granting access to Discord for using the microphones, then this can also lead to the Discord not Detecting Mic issue.
Follow the steps given below to change your privacy settings.
- On your desktop, press the Windows key. Go to the search bar and find “Privacy Settings”.
- Once you find it, open the Privacy option.
- Now, in the left pane of the window, scroll down and click on the “Microphone” option.
- Go to the right pane of the window, enable “Allow apps to access your microphone”.
- Also, under “Choose which Microsoft apps you can access” make sure to check if Discord is enabled.
Now, restart your PC and check if the issue still persists.
Run Discord as an Administrator
If the above two methods have not resolved your issue, then you might have to run Discord as an admin. This option will grant all the access to your app and can ultimately fix your issue and make Discord mic work again. Follow the steps given below to run Discord as admin.
- On your desktop, make a right-click on the “Discord” icon.
- Select the “Run as administrator” option.
Restart your device and check if the issue still persists. If Discord not Detecting mic issue is still not resolved, then try the next method.
Reset Discord Voice Settings
A quick reset to all your voice settings on Discord can help you to get rid of this problem. To reset the Discord voice settings, follow the simple steps given below.
- Launch Discord and on the home page, click on the “User Settings” or Gear icon located at the bottom-left of the page.
- Select the “Voice & Video” tab from the left pane of the window. Now, come to the right pane and find the “Reset Voice Settings” option.
- Click on it once you found the option. It will ask you again to confirm. Click on “Okay” to proceed.
The voice settings will be reset now. Exit the Discord app. Wait for a few minutes and launch Discord again. Check if the Discord not Detecting Mic issue still there or not.
Enable Automatic Input Sensitivity
If resetting the voice settings of Discord is also not able to get rid of the issue, then you have to enable the Automatic Input Sensitivity option in Discord. The input sensitivity will be accessed automatically according to the needs of the Discord app and can help you resolve the Discord not Detecting Mic issue.
- Launch Discord and on the homepage, click on the Gear icon to open “User Settings”.
- In the left pane of the window, click on the “Voice & Video” option.
- Come back to the screen and scroll down. Find the “Input Sensitivity” option in the list.
- Make sure to enable the “Automatically determine input sensitivity” button.
Now restart your device and check if the Discord not Detecting mic issue still persists.
Disable Exclusive Mode in Windows
The Exclusive Mode settings in Windows can cause your headset or microphone to lower the volume to a great extent. Disabling the Exclusive Mode can help you to fix the Discord mic not working issue.
Follow the steps given below to disable Exclusive Mode in Windows
- At the bottom-right corner of your desktop, right-click on the sound icon and select “Recording devices”.
- Now, find the microphone that is for your headset, and click on it. Then, select the “Properties” option at the right below.
- Make sure to switch the tab to “Advanced” and go to the “Exclusive Mode” section. Uncheck the boxes under this section.
- If those options are enabled, then uncheck the boxes to disable them.
- Click on “Apply” and then “OK” to save the changes.
- Now, restart your PC and check if the Discord not detecting the mic issue still persists.
Other Articles To Check:
- Nvidia control panel missing windows 10
- League of legends wont open
- Kmode exception not handled windows 10
- Free voice changer for discord
The Discord not Detecting Mic issue can be easily solved and get ridden off with the quick and effective methods that we have given here. Make sure to follow all the steps that we have given carefully. This will take your time, so be patient and perform the fixes. The Discord not detecting mic problem will be resolved surely and you can access your microphone back. We hope you found this article useful. For more related posts, visit the Kinetic HiFi website.