Have you noticed that your computer or laptop has lost its efficiency or is running slow? Then, it must be the Digital TV Tuner Device Registration application that is running on your device which is the culprit.
This application has been reported to be slowing down the PC by many third-party antivirus apps. Many users who have used this application have also confirmed this issue of their computer lagging in operations and they also face errors while using this app.
In this post, we will tell you all the details about this Digital TV Tuner Device Registration application, the causes of its errors, and how you have to deal with it. Read the full post to know what to do with this app.
- 1 What Is Digital TV Tuner Device Registration Application
- 2 How To Remove Digital TV Tuner Device Registration Application
What Is Digital TV Tuner Device Registration Application
The Digital TV Tuner device registration application is a Windows Media Center task that allows the users to run the TV directly from their computers. This application lets you watch several cable TV channels on the computer itself.
Digital TV tuner device registration application is a useful tool for watching TV on PC. However, users have reported that this app shows errors when using it, and also they have noticed that their computer or laptop has slowed down by 70%.
Causes of Digital TV Tuner Device Registration Application Error
The Digital TV tuner app installs an executable file “ehPrivJob.exe” that runs in your system background in order to run this application smoothly on the device.
However, this “.exe” file has said to be installing many invalid files on the PC that slows down your device. Apart from that, it also makes it difficult to use the app sometimes by showing errors in this app. Therefore, it is better to fix this error as soon as possible.
Is Digital TV Tuner Device Registration Safe
In terms of device security, Yes. The Digital TV Tuner Device registration application is safe and does not impose any threat for it. When scanned through several antivirus applications, this program was confirmed to not be a virus or threat. However, these antivirus apps have pointed out that this app is causing the systems to lag to a great extent.
Should I Remove Digital TV Tuner Device Registration App
If there is no slowing down issue with your device and you are only worried about your device security, then no need to remove this application. It is totally safe and does not impose a threat. However, if you find that your PC is slowing down or is lagging in operations, or is showing errors more than before, then it is time to say goodbye to this app.
Before that, make sure to check if this application is really the reason why your PC is slowing down. Check for the high usage of PC by navigating to the Task Manager. Follow the simple steps given below to know whether Digital TV Tuner Device Registration Application slowing down PC or it is due to some other reason.
- Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc keys to open the Task Manager.
- Now, click on the “Processes” tab from the bar located above.
- Scroll through the list and find the “ehprivjob.exe” file or “Digital TV Tuner device registration application”.
- Next, check the CPU and memory usage of this file next to it.
- If the CPU usage is high (more than 100 MB), then get rid of this file.
- If you see that the CPU usage is not so much, then just leave it on your device.
How To Remove Digital TV Tuner Device Registration Application
If you are sure that this file is the reason why your CPU is slowing down, then here is how you have to deal with the file. We will show you how to disable the Digital TV tuner device registration file below. You have to enable this feature back whenever you want to use the Digital TV Tuner Device Registration application.
- Press Windows + R keys to open the Run box.
- Type “appwiz.cpl” and click on “OK” to open “Programs and Features”.
- Now, select “Turn Windows features on or off” from the left pane.
- Next, find “Media Features” and expand this option.
- Then, uncheck the boxes for “Media Features” and “Windows Media Player”.
- A pop-up will appear now, click on “Yes”.
- Finally, click on the “OK” button to save your changes.
Note that disabling this feature will not allow you to watch TV on the computer. It stops the execution of files to run in your background and can improve the speed of your PC. If you really want to use this file again to run cable TV on a computer, then you enable the feature back.
Other Similar Articles To Look:
- Razer synapse not opening
- Netflix not working on roku
- what is idp.generic avast
- Steamworks common redistributables update
That was all about the Digital TV tuner device registration application. This app needs an ehprivjob.exe file that runs on your system continuously and installs unnecessary files resulting in slowing down your PC. No need to worry as it is not a virus or malware. You can easily disable this app and use it whenever you want. Hope you found this article helpful. For more related posts, visit the Kinetic HiFi website.