Did you notice your PC is slowing down and opened the Task manager, and saw a file named CTF loader that is using the largest space on your device? Well, this file can be one of the main reasons why your Windows 10 PC’s efficiency got lost.
CTF Loader file is a Windows 10 tool that is used to perform handwriting and other additional input features that are different than the regular keyboard input. This loader file is an executable file running in the background whenever you start a program.
But, the issue with this file is it starts running in the background even when you don’t open it. Whenever you restart your PC, this will be running in the background. This leads to more RAM usage, hard drive space, and is slowing down the devices. Here, we will show you some effective methods to fix the CTF loader issue.
If you don’t know what is CTF loader, then here is a quick introduction for you. CTF, short for Collaborative Translation Framework Loader, allows Microsoft programs for handwriting, touch keyboard, and voice recognition software.
You can use different input mechanisms on your PC with this tool on your device. It is usually located in the Task Manager of your device and can be seen there. This file is not harmful to the PC but reduces the speed of loading and executing files.
Is CTF Loader A Virus
No, CTF Loader is not a virus. Not every file with an “exe” beside it will be an error or virus. So, don’t worry if you got to see this CTF.exe running on your computer. It is just a program to deliver text from a handwriting keyboard, voice recognition, and other touch input devices.
How To Fix CTF High CPU Usage Issues
The most common cause why your PC gets slow or is having trouble to install the updates, or showing errors is the CTF loader file. It uses a lot of disk space and eats up your CPU’s efficiency. This results in the CPU slow down and other loading processes to run slower.
But, no need to worry as you can solve this problem with some simple fixes. Here are some of the effective methods that we have explained in detail for saving your CPU from the CTF loader file.
Update The Windows
If you are noticing high disk usage or hogging of CPU, then updating your Windows 10 operating system can fix the issues. This method is noticed to work for many users. So, we firstly recommend using this procedure. Follow the given steps below to update the PC.
- Go to the Start button on your PC and select the “Settings”.
- Now, find the “Update & Security” option. Once you got it, open the file.
- Next, click on “Windows Update” and select “Check for updates”.
- The updates will be installed automatically. So, wait for a few minutes for it to complete.
- Once the update is completed, go back to your Task Manager.
- Check if the disk usage is still high for the CTF loader.
Disable CTF Loader
The straightforward and the most effective method to get rid of CTF errors is to disable them. Just stop this function on your Windows 10 PC and you will see a lot of issues on your computer get fixed. Also, high disk usage will also be reduced. Follow the steps on your Windows 10 computer or laptop to disable the CTF loader.
- Firstly, press Windows + R keys to trigger the run dialog box.
- Type the command “services.msc” and click on “OK”.
- Now, search for the “Touch Keyboard and Handwriting Panel Service” file.
- Next, once you found the file, make a right-click on it.
- Then, click on the “Properties” and select “Disable”.
- Finally, click on “Stop” and click on “OK” to save the changes.
Delete CTFMON.EXE Files
Deleting ctfmon.exe CTF loader executable files can also help in fixing the high CPU usage problems. It will empty some space and can reduce the disk usage of your PC. Follow the instructions given below to delete the ctfmon.exe files.
- Go to C:\Windows\SysWOW64 – for 64-bit Windows PC.
- Go to C:\Windows\System32- for 32-bit Windows PC.
- Now, find the ctfmon.exe files and delete them.
If you are not able to do it that way, you can also use the below method.
- Press Windows + E keys to open the File Explorer window.
- Now, press Windows + F keys. The Feedback Hub will be opened.
- Open the search bar and type ctfmon.exe in it and press Enter.
- You will get all the files related to the CTF loader.
- Press Ctrl + A to select all the files.
- Make a right-click on the selected files, and click on “Delete”.
Scan The PC
Another serious reason behind the slowing down of your CPU and high disk usage can be malware issues. If there is any corrupted file disguised as a CTF loader file on your PC, that can lead to serious harm for your device.
Run an anti-virus scan on your PC as soon as possible. It will detect all the errors and issues on your PC and will fix them automatically. Make sure to install anti-virus software from a trusted website and use it on your device.
Restore The PC Files
Another better option to fix the high CPU usage is to restore the system files. This can make the file loading easier and can fix the issues on your PC. Follow the given steps on your device to restore the system files on your PC.
- Go to the search bar and search for the control panel.
- Open the “Control Panel” and click on the search bar.
- Type “Recovery” in the control panel’s search bar.
- Once you found it, click on “Recovery”.
- Now, select the option “Open System Restore”.
- Click on “Next” and select the latest restore points.
- You can also check for additional restore options by clicking on “show more restore points”.
- Click on “Scan” for fixing the affected files. Click on “Close” and then “Next”.
- Once the scan is done, click on “Finish” and close the window.
Other Similar Articles To Check:
- Error code 0x0003 geforce experience
- Error #2000 twitch
- Cancel xbox game pass
We hope this article helped you to get rid of CTF loader errors on your device. Try the above-given methods to fix the hogging of your CPU and also the high disk space usage problem. If none of the above methods seem to work, then it is better to uninstall the CTF loader file from your PC. For more related articles, visit our website Kinetic HiFi.