Now, you can easily change or remove the default browser settings on your Android mobile phone with Content://com.android.browser.home/ link. This link or syntax lets you easily find and set the default browser settings and homepage settings.
Android mobiles are running the market these days. User-friendly interface, amazing features, and many other things are attractive in these smartphones. But, even they have some annoying drawbacks and limitations.
To make your phone more usable, and reliable, you can set the browser settings and homepage changes on your phone. Learn the complete process in this article.
The “content://com.android.browser.home/” or “content://com.android.browser.home/index” or the link “content //com.androidbrowser.home/” will all do the same work. They are useful for changing the settings of your default browser.
In many cases, what happens is you install another browser on your device already having a default browser. But, whenever you try to search any web results, the default browser will automatically be opened. Therefore, you need to change the default settings on your device to solve the problem.
How To Set Default Browser On Android Smartphone
Here is how you can set the default browser on Android phones, or tablets. Chrome, Opera, Mozilla Firefox, Safari, and many other browsers can be set as default according to your liking.
Using the link “content://com.android.browser.home/” for changing the browser can be used only for the Android browser. You can set any default browser easily on your Android device with the below-given process.
- On your Android device, open the “Settings”.
- Now, select “Installed Apps/Manage Apps”.
- Next, tap on the three dots on the top-right corner of the page.
- Under the list of options, select “Default Apps” and tap on “Browser options”.
- Then, select the browser that you want to set as default.
- Your selected browser will be made default now.
Now all your web searches will be opened by the default browser that you set. You can also set a default homepage on your browser. To know the procedure to set the homepage, read further.
How To Set Default Homepage On Browser
Here is how you can easily set a default homepage on your favorite or choice of browser. The process is quite simple and easy. However, the procedure might differ for every respective browser. You can set the default homepage to Chrome, Opera, Mozilla Firefox, etc by the given below procedures.
Set Default Homepage On Google Chrome
You can use Content://com.android.browser.home/ link on only Android browsers. If you want to set a default browser other than Android browsers, you need to download it from Google Play Store or the web.
Google Chrome is the largest used browser set as default in a lot of devices. If you want to set your default web homepage on Google Chrome browser, then follow the steps given below.
- On your Android smartphone or tablet, open the Chrome browser. Tap on the three dots located at the top-right corner of the screen.
- Now, select the “Settings” option from the given list. And under “Basics”, you will get the “Homepage”.
- If the homepage option is not available under basics, then do the next step. But, if you easily got the homepage option, then skip to the 3rd-last step.
- Open your browser search and type “Chrome://flags/”. You will get an experiment page on your screen.
- Now, type in the search bar “Force Enable Home Page Button”. You will get the Force Enable home page button option. Click on “Enable” and refresh your browser a few times.
- Now, go to the “Settings” and you will get the “Homepage” there.
- In the Homepage, select the “Open this page” option and type the URL for the browser that you want to set as default. Since you want Chrome, type “www.google.com” and click on “Save”.
- Finally, relaunch Google Chrome, and you will see your default homepage.
You can also use the alternative option. Type “Content://com.android.browser.home/” on your Chrome search bar and you will get a default browser settings menu. Set Homepage to Google Chrome.
Set Default Homepage On Opera
If you want to set your default browser homepage on Opera, then follow the steps given below.
- On your Android mobile phone or tablet, open the Opera or Opera Mini browser. Now, click on the Opera icon located at the bottom-right corner of the page.
- Select the “Settings” option and toggle “News” to off.
- Also, disable the “Opera notifications”, “Trending searches”, and “Recent searches” by toggling the button to off.
- Now, go back to the home screen on Opera and delete all the speed dial searches.
- Next, click on the “+” sign and enter the name and URL of the browser that you want to set as default.
- Relaunch the Opera browser and you will get your homepage on the screen.
Set Default Homepage On Mozilla Firefox
If you want to set the default homepage on the Mozilla Firefox browser, then follow the steps given below.
- On your Android mobile phone or tablet, open the Mozilla Firefox browser. Now, click on the three dots located at the top-right corner of the screen.
- Now, select the “Settings” and tap on the “General” option.
- Next, tap on “Home” and select the option “Set a Homepage”.
- Select “Custom” and enter the URL that you want to set as the default homepage on Mozilla.
- Then, click on “OK” to save the changes.
- Finally, relaunch the Mozilla Firefox browser to open the default homepage.
Other Similar Articles To Check:
The browser homepage and its settings are usually hidden and can’t be accessed easily. This link will do the work easy for you “Content://com.android.browser.home/”. On Android devices, you can use this syntax and change the default browser settings. For more related articles, visit our website Kinetic HiFi.