Chromecast is a great way to turn your TV into a smart TV. Android users are benefitting a lot from the Chromecast feature. You can just connect the Chromecast to your TV and use your mobile as a remote control to watch movies and shows online.
But, what if you ran out of the internet or there is no Wifi signal in your area? Can you use Chromecast without wifi? Well, it is totally possible to use Chromecast without wifi in your surroundings. There are some tricks that can let you use Chromecast without a wifi signal on your device.
If you are also looking for a way to connect Chromecast to the TV without wifi, then you have come to the right place. Here, we are going to share some methods by which you can use Chromecast without any wifi connection.
How To Use Chromecast Without Wifi
If you are stuck in a situation without wifi and are unable to cast to your device to the TV, then there are some methods to use Chromecast without wifi. Here are the 5 best ways to use Chromecast without wifi or hotspot in easy steps. Just go through these methods and easily start streaming online without wifi.
Enable Guest Mode
The Guest Mode feature on the Google Home app is meant for the guests of your home so that they can cast your TV without using your private network. So, firstly install the Google Home app on your smartphone and then follow the steps given below.
- Firstly, launch the Google Home app on your device.
- Now, tap on your device name that will be present below.
- Next, tap on the gear icon at the top-right to open settings.
- Find the “Device settings” option and tap on it.
- Then, scroll down and find “Guest Mode”.
- Tap on “Guest Mode” and toggle the button to enable this feature.
- You will receive a pin on the device.
- Now, open the app that you want to stream on TV and connect it to Chromecast.
If you didn’t find the “Guest Mode” in your Chromecast’s device settings, then it means your Chromecast is not having this feature. In such a case, you can just opt for the other method.
Mirror Your Android Device
Android KitKat 4.4.2 users can directly stream anything on the Chromecast without any internet with the help of mirror-casting. If you have an Android smartphone with an internet connection, then there is no need for wifi anymore. Just mirror cast your Android smartphone with the Chromecast by following the method given below.
You can cast your Chromecast with the phone and watch the content on your mobile phone easily on the TV. For this, you will need the Google Home application on your device. Install this app on your Android smartphone and follow the steps given below.
- First of all, open the Google Home app on your Android smartphone.
- Now, tap on the three lines icon at the top-left corner to open the menu.
- Next, select the option for “Cast Screen/Audio”.
- Here, you have to select the name of your Chromecast.
- That’s it. Now, play anything on your phone and it will display on your TV.
This is one of the easiest methods to use Chromecast without wifi. However, you will need an internet connection for your Android device.
Use a Travel Router
A travel router is one of the best options to connect to Chromecast without wifi. For instance, you are travelling to a location where you think the signals are not at all good, travel router is the best option. To connect the travel router to Chromecast with the help of travel router, follow the steps given below.
- Firstly, make sure to assign an SSID and password to the router before leaving the home.
- You must also have the Chrome cast-ready app on your smartphone for this.
- Now, connect the router to your device and access the Chrome cast ready app.
- If your router is not showing up on the settings, then manually enter the SSID and password.
- Next, the streaming device options will show your TV as an option. Select it.
- That’s it. You can stream Chromecast easily.
Use an Ethernet Cable
If you don’t have a wi-fi connection at your home, or the place where you have travelled to, then you can also use a wired connection. It is not compulsory to have wifi to use Chromecast. So, you can just connect your chromecast to the internet with the help of an ethernet cable. But, if you don’t have an ethernet cable with an internet connection, then ignore this method.
Connect To Mobile Hotspot
If your smartphone have an enough internet connection to open streaming apps, then this is enough to use Chromecast without wifi. Your mobile hotspot will act as wifi and will let you cast your device easily. Just turn on the mobile hotspot and connect your Chromecast to the network. Then, cast your device to the Chromecast and start streaming on the TV without any issues.
Other Similar Articles To Look:
- Crackle activation code invalid
- Nfl.com/activate link
- is overwatch crossplay
- Best resource packs 1.14
We hope the methods that we have listed here were helpful for you. All of these methods are useful and working so you can easily go through them and connect to your Chromecast without wifi. If there is a Guest mode, then you can easily connect Chromecast without wifi. But, if your Chromecast doesn’t support Guest Mode feature, then you can use the other methods. For more useful information, visit the Kinetic HiFi website.