Is your Adblock not working on Twitch?? Such an irritating problem that most Twitch users are facing right now. Many users around the world love this platform to connect with the gaming community and enjoy their free time on Twitch.
Twitch is home to more than 15 million users and especially gamers. Since Twitch is made ad-supported now, there are a lot of ads that keep popping up while streaming game videos or movies. Even after using ad-blocking software, twitch chat logs still manages to throw ads somehow.
The fault here is with your Adblock. When this app is bound to block ads, it still lets Twitch keep showing ads in the middle of streaming. To get rid of this irritating issue, we have compiled some of the effective solutions to fix the “Adblock not working on Twitch” issue.
How To Fix Adblock Not Working on Twitch
Why is Adblock not working on Twitch? Well, there can be a number of possible reasons for it. Most possibly, the reason behind Adblock not working on Twitch and this twitch activate should be done first and this can be due to the outdated extension of Adblock or not having enough permissions over your apps.
Whatsoever, if you don’t want to get ads in between your Twitch streams, then below are the methods to fix it easily. Here are some of the useful methods that help you to make Adblock working on Twitch.
Update Adblock Extension
The very first thing that you need to make sure of is whether your Adblock extension is up to date or not. In case of an outdated extension, you can get the “Adblock not working on Twitch” issue. To update the Adblock extension, follow the steps given below.
- Launch Chrome and enter “chrome://extensions” in the address bar.
- Press Enter to go to the Chrome extensions page.
- Now, find the “Developer mode” option and toggle the button to on.
- Next, click on the “Update” button to update all the extensions of Chrome.
- Adblock will also be updated along with all the extensions.
- Restart your browser and check if Twitch is still showing ads.
Most probably, this very first solution itself will help you fix the issue. However, if you are still seeing that the ads are displaying on Twitch streams, then try the next method.
Enable Adblock Settings
For some apps like Twitch, you need to manually enable the settings to block ads on its website. To enable Adblock settings for Twitch, follow the steps given below.
- Launch your Chrome and click on the “Adblock” extension.
- Now, click on the “Gear” icon to open the Adblock settings page.
- On the settings page, from the left pane, select the “General” option.
- Next, enable the option for “Enable hiding of Streaming Ads on Twitch”.
- Exit the window and restart Chrome.
- Check if Twitch is still showing ads.
Change Advanced Settings In Chrome
If you are a Chrome user who is getting the “Adblock not working on Twitch” issue, then changing your browser settings can help you fix this problem. Follow the steps given below.
- Launch your Chrome browser and type “chrome://flags/#network-service” in the address bar.
- Press Enter to go to the Chrome settings page.
- Now, set the option for “Enable network service” to “Disabled”.
- Restart your browser and then launch Twitch to check if the issue still persists.
Add Filters On Adblock
You can add Twitch on the blacklist of Adblock extension to get rid of the Twitch Adblock not working issue. Follow the instructions carefully to carry out this method.
- Launch your browser and click on the “Adblock” extension.
- Now, select the “Gear” icon to open the settings of Adblock.
- Next, on the left pane, select the “Customize” option.
- Find the “Manually edit your filters” section and click on the “Edit” button next to it.
- Copy the following filters each in one line.
- Finally, save the changes and exit the page.
Launch Twitch and try to open any live stream. Check if the “Adblock not working on Twitch” still.
Use Alternate Player For Twitch.tv
Alternate Player for Twitch.TV software is specially designed to keep the advertisements away from your Twitch live streams. This extension is quite useful when your Adblock not working on Twitch.
- Download Alternate Player for Twitch.tv extension on your device.
- Chrome, Firefox, and Microsoft Edge browsers are compatible with this extension.
- Add this extension to your browser and then restart your device.
- Launch Twitch check if Adblock not working on Twitch still.
Switch To A Different Browser
If these methods are still not working to fix the “Adblock Plus not working on Twitch” issue, then you can change the browser for your device. There are several better browsers available on the internet that comes with in-built adblockers and doesn’t let ads stream on your device.
- Some of the best browsers to fix “Adblock not working on Twitch” are Opera GX and Brave.
- Brave is one of the smartest browsers that prevents advertisements on websites and apps.
- Opera GX is a good browser for games and also for blocking ads.
Subscribe to Twitch Turbo
The ultimate solution to get rid of all the annoying ads that show up even after using Adblock on Twitch is to upgrade to a Turbo version of Twitch. If you are not broke enough to pay for the subscription, just buy the Twitch Turbo subscription and stream Adless.
- Open your browser and go to https://www.twitch.tv/products/turbo.
- Switch to Twitch Turbo subscription by paying $8.99 to get rid of ads.
- There is no means by which you will get an ad on Twitch now.
- However, not everyone finds this idea suitable for their pockets.
Other Similar Articles To Look:
That was all about how to fix the “Adblock not working on Twitch” problem. We have offered 7 best solutions to fix this annoying issue where ads keep popping up in between your Twitch streams. Twitch is one of the widely used platforms for live game streaming and playing. If you have found this information useful, then share this guide with others. For more useful information from us, visit the Kinetic HiFi website.